Monday, February 27, 2012

Catching Up

This past week was pretty mellow, but I thought I should keep you up to date. 

Highlights:  I gave up Nutella for Lent which is going well so far because Jena and Rachel gave it up too so we don't have any in the house right now.  I'm now addicted to banana gelato from the place very close to studio.  I've tried it with pistachio and raspberry, both are perfect combinations.  We had another Wine Wednesday which was very plesant.  Our professors came for a bit whcih always leads to more quotes in our Coates Quotes list.  Thrusday morning I went to the market and got an eggplant, two delicious kiwis, and some mini clementines that I though would be sour and weird, but were too cute to pass up, turns out they were delicious!  I read in the park near our house and watched the sunset.  For dinner I attempted to make eggplent parmasean which just turned out ok.  We went out for a bit for Blake's bday.  Saturday I went to the market and finally got a rotisserie chicken from the chicken man that only comes to market on Saturday, a few more mini clementines, and two potatoes.   After that Katie, Ashley and I went up in the main clock tower to over look the city.  The bell rang while we were up there which was very loud!  Then we went down in St. Patrick's hand dug well which involved a lot of stairs again but was really neat.  After lunch we went to kick the soccer ball around but ended up being invited by a group of highschool aged boys to play with them.  I did ok, didn't completely embarass myself.  Sunday was a pretty lazy day topped off with dinner at Sfizio :) 

Lowlights:  Studio is a disaster.  The project we're working on could be really interesting but the past week has been a battle over the type/size/layout of the paper we are going to use on the final project.  It seems that the Profs aren't quite sure what they want and it's taking all of us to interprete.  oh and we're using facebook as a communicatiom tool as opposed to KSOL like a normal class, FB is easier, but I'm no longer excited about having notifications bc I'm worried they're all going to be about needing to do more work....; My project sucks right now because I'm not really sure what's going on, but I'm oppimistic?  Hopefully things will turn around this week. 

Florence:  Oh yea, we went to Florence again on Friday.  We went with Marco to the Uffizi for two hours.  He lead us through a few of the main rooms and then for some reason we had to leave because the bag check was only holding our bags till 1:30.  I would've loved to explore more of the museum, so that trip was kind of a waste.  After that we went to the hostel which was another disaster.  I guess the booking never went through so we were homeless.  This led to us walking around hungry for 3 hours trying to find another place to stay.  Eventually I gave up and went and found Ashley and Katie who I was planning to have Mexican with that night.  They were planning on catching the last train back to Orvieto after dinner so I figured I would just do that.  Finally, the day started to turn around.  We went to the oldest supermarket in the city (world?) and looked at the fancy chocolate, cookies, wine, soap, etc.  We also went to a famous art store that had a bunch of paints and such.  We went to Tijuana an hour before our reservation because we were tired of walking around.  Aaron J. was eating with us and showed up a few minutes later so we all just sat outside the restaurant and chatted.  I had another delicious chicken burrito and two amazing margaritas.  All that food and sugar made the walk back to the train station a little rough, but we made it.  We got back to Orvieto at midnight or so and the Corso was full of people at the bars which was nice.  Now that it's warming up, people are coming out of the woodwork.  Never knew there were this many people in the town!


Hope this one wasn't a total downer.  It was actually really nice to spend the weekend in Orvieto in the nice weather. 

Cliff hanger: Running the Rupe a few times this week since it's supposed to be so nice out; Studio :/ ;Assisi on Friday and hopefully Perugia.

Ciao!!  KATY

No comments:

Post a Comment