Sunday, February 5, 2012

Only Week Two!

I cannot believe that I've only been here two and a half weeks.  I've already learned so much, started to settle into a routine, and I've started to feel like a resident of Orvieto, not a tourist.  This week we made a couple delicious meals (Chicken Spidini, Lasagna, and Cheese Burgers).  We also went back to Sfizio for the best pizza ever!  We also made friends with our waiter, Roberto. 

As you may have heard on the news, it's snowing here.  It's nice to see the town and the country side covered in a blanket of snow, but man is it putting a damper on things here.  The market was closed on Thrusday morning, our trip to Assisi on friday was postponed, and the Market on Saturday was closed too!  We've been experiencing a little bit of cabin fever because we had a three day weekend but it was too cold to go anywhere.  On Saturday we did manage to get dressed and out of the house by 11:30 and went to visit some of the museums here on the hill.  After a fancy lunch we came back home and watched a couple movies online and snuggled up on the couch with the oven on and the doors closed.  Saturday night we went out to celebrate a friends birthday and met some more locals. 

Today, Sunday, I went to church at the Duomo!  It was my first time in the cathedral which made the experience even more amazing.  I was able to follow along a little, but I mostly just listened.  My friend Elise came with.  It was her first time at a Catholic mass, I thought that was an appropriate place to attend your first mass.  After chuch I came home and cleaned the kitchen which was a disaster zone, made some noodles and now I'm blogging! 

Here are some snow pictures!

Snowing outside our favorite spot for a Cappuchino.

You know, just the view on the way to school.


Snow in the courtyard of Centro Studi.  Yes, that is a palm tree with snow on it!

First day of snow.

Second day of snow!

Me :)  This is about a block from our apartment.  At the base of the wall is one of the main roads up to the hill town.  It's where those statues above are the ornamentation of a large arch over the road.

Our cute blue door in the snow.  It leads to the tunnel into the courtyard we share with our neighbors.


Cliff Hanger:  Tonight we are going to try and watch the Super Bowl at midnight (live) at Bar Duomo

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment