Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Here's The Photos I Promised!

ASSISI

 Rose window of the lower church of St. Francis of Assisi Cathedral

Me in front of the upper church of the Cathedral.

Assisi had some of the most beautiful doors I've seen in Italy. The whole town was prestine; the streets were clean, the buildings seemed well cared for, there were potted plants hanging from windows.  It made the experience very enjoyable.

Precious.  You don't see this very often on a main road in Italy.

Me at the Fortress.  The wall in the background is where the tiny tunnel is which leads to that tower which we went up in.  If you look closely, the wall is only partially covered.  We climed up on the roof for some more photos.  Slowly but surely I think I may be conquering my fear of heights!

Beautiful original iron lanterns in one of the main Piazzas

Giant Merangues.  They're the size of my head!

Lovely shirne to Mary.

PERUGIA

The big fountain in Piazza San Lorenzo.  A great spot for people watching.

The Etruscan Arch.  This is the front which is very impressive.  As Cammie put it, "Sir Mix Alot would be disappointed" i.e. the backside is pretty lame, you approach it from a narrow, spooky alley and it looks like any arch we've seen a hundred times.

Hotel Iris.  Beautiful by day, incredibly spooky by night, especially at night!  The inside is really nice too and the beds were super comfy.

Sunset on day one after a little bit of shopping with Katie.

Ohh and back to work.  I'm just makin due with the very limited space we have in our little apartment.  The kitchen table is occupied so I moved the TV in our room to the floor in the corner, took off the lace table cloth, moved my lamp and stuck it pricariously between the wall and the rocking chair.  The perfect set up for some water coloring! 



I hope you enjoyed the photos.  I might post again before spring break and let you know what my plans are and such for the next two weeks.  I'm getting excited!!!

CIAO, Katy

1 comment:

  1. Dad brought home the train schedule for Assisi last night. I think these pictures inspired him. Thanks for putting them up. I think now I get to go!

    ReplyDelete