Thursday, January 19, 2012

Photos!

 This is my room which I share with Natalie and Caitlin
 This is our bathroom, no we have not used the bidet and yes we have hot water!
 This is Jena and Rachel's room.  They also have a full  bathroom.
 This is the front door to the apartment.  It's on the second floor and looks into this small courtyard. We enter through a tunnel from the street which opens up behind me into the courtyard.
 The famous duomo facade.  Centro Studi (our school) is on the duomo piazza to the right. 
 These next few photos were taken on our first tour of the city with Marina, our Italian professor.  We walked around the top of the entire hill where buildings and walls were built directly into and on top of the cliffs.  It was amazing.  On the tour I also noticed how unique and beautiful the doors are and decided I want to make an album of just doors, kind of a theme or a scavenger hunt to give me something to look for. 
 View over the valley.  The photo does not do it justice, especially because there are five more photos that go next to this to make a panorama.
 This is the front of Centro Studi.
The market is held two days a week, Thursday and Saturday until 1:30 or so.  This is the meat and cheese vendor where we bought some bruchutto and salami.  We also got green olives, fresh mozzarella, apples, blood oranges, zuchinni, tomatoes, green olives (the first one I've ever tried.  It was just ok but I still have 4 months to learn to like them) and some yummy hard cheese.  We also went to the supermarket and got some olive oil, jam, and croissants.   We came back to the apratment and sliced a baggette to eat with sliced tomatoes, oil, cheese, and an orange for dessert.  Our tour was after lunch and now I'm back at the apartment before we go to the Zeppelin restrant for a group dinner with Chef Lorenzo who is teach our cooking class.

Cliff Hanger:  I want to go walk around the city some more;  I will post some of the door picutres I've taken; cooking class is next week, I think.

Chiao, Katy

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!!!!! Is the weather nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is really nice. Kind of chilly, but comfortable for walking around and not getting to hot or being too cold! PS. Which Sarah is this? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete